How to Setup and Install Deco Mesh Wi-Fi ?
How to Setup and Install Deco Mesh Wi-Fi? – The Deco Mesh Wi-Fi can only be set up through the Deco mobile app, which is available on Android and IOS. Here we use Deco P7 with steps:-
- Launch the Deco Mesh Wi-Fi App.
- Log in or tap check in to line up a TP-Link ID.
Note:-If you have already got a TP-Link Cloud account, you’ll log in together with your account.
- Tap “Let’s Begin”, select the Deco Mesh Wi-Fi icon according to your Deco’s model number.
- Unpack the contents of the box. Once you verify you have everything, click “Next”
- Disconnect your modem’s power and tap “Next”
- Connect one of your Deco Mesh Wi-Fi units to your modem via Ethernet cable, and power on both devices. Tap “Next” when both devices are fully booted.
- Wait for the ‘Internet’ light to be stable on your modem, as well as tap “Internet LED is stable”
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smart phone and wait for the Deco’s LED to pulse blue. Tap “Deco’s LED is Pulsing Blue”.
Note:-If the LED isn’t pulsing blue, press the push button at rock bottom of the unit for one second, the LED will address yellow. Just a wait about 2 minutes until the LED address pulsing blue and continue.
- Your smart phone will attempt to find and link to the Deco. In case it fails to find the Deco Mesh Wi-fi in this step:-
1) Make sure the smart phone supports Bluetooth 4.0 or later.
2) Switch to another smart phone and restart the on boarding process.
- Assign your connected Deco to a room.
- Deco will detect the web connection type, which assigned by ISP.
There are 3 sorts of internet connection type: Dynamic IP, PPPOE and Static IP. Hence if you can’t confirm this information, contact your ISP for a check.
If your ISP has VLAN settings, filling within the VLAN information then tap on “Next”.
12. Create your Deco Mesh Wi-Fi network name and password, then connect your phone to the new Wi-Fi network, click on “Next”.
13. Deco Mesh Wi-Fi will test internet connection, and then finish the setup process. You can select “I’m finished now” or continue adding more Deco Mesh Wi-Fi units.