How do you configure a tp link router?
If you have bought a TP-link wireless router but now confused about configuring it with your home internet connection, then I have multiple solutions for you depending on your type of connection. As well as you can learn How to configure TP-link wireless router in 5 different ways as below –
- Using Quick-Setup feature:- For those who want to connect using the quick setup wizard that automatically detects the connection and you can complete the setup in seconds. In case your Tp-Link router doesn’t detect the settings automatically, you can move to other configuration options available in this article.
- For DSL Broadband connection:- If you have a BSNL and MTNL connection, as well they use any old broadband connection that requires a PPPOE connection type.
- For ACT Broadband or Fiber connections:- If you have any Fiber net connection like ACT
- Tether App:-If you want to setup your router from your smart phone or tablet.
- Repeater Configuration:-If you need to setup your router as a repeater to extend the wireless connection range. Let’s go through the How to configure Tp-link wireless router guide.
Step 1:- 1. Turn on your Tp-Link wireless router and make sure it is connected with your PC via an Ethernet cable. Once connected, as well as open a web browser and type 192.168.0.1 or www.tplinkwifi.net.
- Enter “admin“, twice as the username and password.
Step 2:- 1. Click on Let’s Get Started/Login as well as follow the instruction using the Quick setup option.
- First of all, select the Time Zone of your area.
Step 3:- 1.Click on Auto Detect to let the router detect the connection settings automatically.
Step 4:- 1. Enter the name (SSID) for your Wireless Network as well as set the password for a secure Wi-Fi connection.
2. Configure TP-Link Router for DSL Connection:-
Step 1:- 1. Log in to the Tp-Link wireless router’s web-based management page to configure the Tp-Link router for DSL Connection. Open your web browser like Google chrome, Safari or Internet explorer and they are type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- A dialogue box will appear to ask you for username and password. Enter “admin” as well as username and password to enter the router’s web-based management page.
Step 2:-1.On the router’s management page, click on WAN option available under Network settings (in the left side column).
- Select the WAN Connection Type to PPPoE.
Step 3:- 1. They are Enter your username and password provided by your DSL service provider.
- Click on “Save” button. Router will restart to apply the new settings.
3. Configure the Tp-Link Wireless Router for ACT Broadband (Fiber Connections):-
If you have an ACT Broadband and the similar fiber internet connection, then you have to follow the guide below to setup your TP-Link router.
Step 1:- 1. Log in to the router’s web-based management page to configure the Tp-Link router. Open your web browser like Google chrome, Safari or Internet explorer and they are type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- A dialogue box will appear to ask you for a username and password. Enter “admin” as username and type your password to enter the router’s web-based management page.
Step 2:- 1. On the Tp-Link wireless router’s management page, click on the WAN option available under Network settings (in the left side column).
- Select the WAN Connection Type to “Dynamic IP”.
Step 3:- 1. Click on “Status” to check WAN connectivity status. They are wait for a few minutes to let the WAN IP address and MAC address update. The router and modem will make a connection between themselves.
- If you don’t see IP address updated, go to the next step.
Step 4:- 1. Go to Network and click on MAC Clone
- Click Clone MAC Address as given below and Save. You are done. As well as router will reboot now automatically and you can start using the internet.
4. Configure via Tether App
You can also configure your router using the Tether App in your smart phone. If you don’t have the Tether app, you can download from your Google play store or Apple’s App store. To configure your Tp-link router using Tether app, you first need to connect your smart phone with your router using the wireless connection. Let’s go through the process step by step.
Step 1:- 1. Open wireless settings on your smart phone and tap on your TP-link router name.
- Check router name and password from the label on the back of your router.
Step 2:- 1. Open the Tether App in your smart phone and tap on your router Icon in the Local Devices.
Step 3:- 1. Enter the username password provided on your Tp-link router’s label on the back. The default username and password are “admin/admin”.
Step 4:- 1. Select the Internet connection type and tap on “Next”. They are make sure about the connection settings from your internet service provider (ISP).
Step 5:- As well as you can also change the Network Name and Password of your router as per your choice. But you have to change the same network name and password for each desired band. Now tap “Next”.
Step 6:- Tap on “Save” in the top right corner.
Step 7:- Wait for sometimes to let the configuration complete. Now you can see the “Finish” button in the top right corner. As well as they tap on that and your router configuration is complete.
5. Configure Tp-link router as Repeater
- Some Tp-Link routers have a repeater mode that help you extend the wireless signal range to cover areas where wifi signal is weak. As well as make sure your Tp-link router has the Repeater mode.
- To configure your Tp-link router as a repeater, you first need to connect it physically with your computer using the Ethernet cable.
Physical Connection with Computer:- Once cable is connected, follow the instructions as below –
For Windows 10:-
- As well as Click on start menu and then click on settings
- Now, click on change adapter settings.
- Now Right click on Ethernet connection and click on properties.
- They are double click on Internet Protocol Ver 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Fill the details and Click on Ok and you are done.
For Windows 7:-
- Go to Start->Control Panel ->Network as well as Sharing Center
- Open “Change adapter settings”
- Right Click on Local Area Connection > Click on Properties > Open Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Type IP address – 192.168.0.10 and Subnet mask- 255.255.255.0
- Click OK to exit. Done.
- Initial Computer Setup– For Mac OS X
- They are Go to the Apple –> System Preferences –> Network –> Highlight Ethernet
- Select DHCP with manual address from the Configuremenu
- Input the IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.10
- Click Apply and Done.
Configure Repeater Mode:-
- Open web browser and fill the IP address 192.168.0.254 and press Enter.
- Use user credentials admin/admin.
- Now, go to Quick Setup and click on Next.
- Select Repeater and click on Next.
- Click on the Surveybutton.
- Find your router network name under the SSIDcolumn and click on Connect.